Bledsoe powers Suns past WarriorsDec 16, 2013 - 6:00 AM Golden State Warriors on Sunday.
Goran Dragic added 21 points and Channing Frye finished with 20 for the Suns, winners in a season-high five straight.
"We think our guards can play with any of them. Those are two great guards that they have on that team and our guys fought them all game," said Suns coach Jeff Hornacek.
Stephen Curry scored a game-high 30 points to go with six boards and seven assists and David Lee chipped in 18 points and 13 boards for the Warriors, losers in three of their last four.
Right now, I would say it's not a slow start; we're not playing with a sense of urgency. We came in talking about we had to be the hardest working team because this team plays extremely hard and they're talented, and we did not do that," said Warriors coach Mark Jackson.
Klay Thompson finished with 19 points in the setback.
Frye buried a triple with 3:20 left to put the Suns up 102-95, but a Lee layup, followed by a Curry trey pulled the Warriors within two points with 1:37 remaining.
Marcus Morris missed a jumper on the other end and the teams traded turnovers before Curry missed a tough jumper from the left elbow with 23 ticks showing.
Golden State was forced to foul Bledsoe, who sunk the ensuing free throws, and after Thompson missed a tough layup, P.J. Tucker converted on a pair from the charity stripe with 10 seconds left to all but seal the win.
Curry nailed a deep two at the buzzer to account for the final margin.
Phoenix led 33-27 after 12 minutes and took a 59-53 lead into the break.
The Suns pushed their spread to nine points 3 1/2 minutes into the third, and Dragic canned a triple with 5:36 to go made it 74-65.
Golden State, though, closed the frame on a 15-7 swing to go into the final frame trailing 81-80.
Phoenix snapped a six game losing streak to the Warriors ... The Suns scored 17 points off 20 Golden State turnovers ... The Phoenix bench outscored the Warriors' reserves by a 28-18 spread ... Curry was 10-for-11 from the free throw line.
Dec 15 10:34 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 80
End of 3rd
Dec 15 9:53 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 53
Dec 15 9:05 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 27
End of 1st
Dec 15 8:35 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:36
Dec 15 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19