Curry shines as Warriors top PelicansDec 18, 2013 - 7:33 AM Golden State Warriors' 104-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday.
David Lee added 21 points and 17 rebounds for the Warriors, who have won six straight against New Orleans. Klay Thompson and Marreese Speights tallied 16 and 12 points, respectively.
Golden State forward Andre Iguodala returned to the lineup after missing 12 games with a hamstring injury. He ended with two points in 17 minutes of action.
"It felt good. I got tired of watching," Iguodala said. "You get a new appreciation for the game, especially seeing your brothers struggle. Tonight was a great game by everyone, just to get a win and put together a string of good basketball the way we did the first three quarters."
Ryan Anderson scored 21 points for the Pelicans, who have lost two in a row since a two-game winning streak. Jason Smith had 12 points and Jrue Holiday and Austin Rivers each donated 11 points.
"Just a tough game. Another one of those that they just had a little bit more energy than us," Anderson said.
New Orleans watched the Warriors jump out to a 16-6 lead, but the Pelicans scored eight straight points to make it a two-point game.
Golden State went on an 8-0 run moments later to build a double-digit lead. Lou Amundson scored the final three points of the first period to get New Orleans within seven, 26-19.
The Pelicans cut the gap to three early in the second quarter, but the Warriors responded with a 6-0 spurt. Speights' layup made it 32-23 with 9:35 to go.
The margin reached 18, 55-37, when Lee made a layup with 59.9 seconds remaining. It was a 57-39 game at the break.
Golden State led by as many as 26 in the third frame and took an 88-65 margin into the fourth.
New Orleans outscored the Warriors by a 28-16 margin in the final period.
The Warriors started a three-game homestand on Tuesday ... Pelicans guard Tyreke Evans (ankle) missed his second straight game.
Dec 18 12:53 AM
- NEW ORLEANS: 65
GOLDEN STATE: 88
End of 3rd
Dec 18 12:16 AM
- NEW ORLEANS: 39
GOLDEN STATE: 57
Dec 17 11:34 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 19
GOLDEN STATE: 26
End of 1st
Dec 17 11:05 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:45
Dec 17 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19