Burks, Favors lead the way as Jazz take down NuggetsJan 14, 2014 - 6:22 AM Utah Jazz defeated the Denver Nuggets 118-103 on Monday night.
"It was a good effort for everybody. I happened to make some shots. It was a great game and we got the win," Burks said.
Trey Burke tallied 18 points and eight assists for Utah, which has won four of its last six games. Richard Jefferson chipped in with 16 points in the triumph.
Ty Lawson had 23 points and 11 assists and J.J. Hickson recorded 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Nuggets, who had their five-game winning streak snapped.
"Defense for the most part tonight was nonexistent," Nuggets head coach Brian Shaw said.
Utah led 35-31 after a quarter of play and 37-35 early in the second, but pulled away following an 18-6 run. Burke hit a pair of triples during the surge, including one to cap it for a 55-41 advantage with 4:14 to go before the half.
The hosts led by as many as 16 late in the quarter and took a 67-53 cushion into the break. Utah led by as many as 24 -- 89-65 thanks to a Jefferson trey -- before heading into the fourth with a 93-77 margin.
The Jazz cruised to the easy win in the final frame, never letting the Nuggets get closer than 11 points.
Utah shot 55.7 percent (44-of-79) from the floor and 44.4 percent (8-of-18) from beyond the arc ... The Jazz held a 15-5 edge in second-chance points ... Evan Fournier had 16 points for Denver.
Jan 13 11:28 PM
- DENVER: 77
End of 3rd
Jan 13 10:51 PM
- DENVER: 53
Jan 13 10:10 PM
- DENVER: 31
End of 1st
Jan 13 9:36 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:50
Jan 13 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Nuggets-Trail Blazers Preview Apr 13
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Apr 12