Love leads T-Wolves over JazzJan 22, 2014 - 6:27 AM Utah Jazz with a 112-97 win on Tuesday night.
Corey Brewer also scored 19 points, while Kevin Martin and Nikola Pekovic netted 18 points apiece for Minnesota. Ricky Rubio added an 11-point, 13- assist double-double in the win.
Gordon Hayward returned from a five-game absence because of a hip injury to lead all scorers with 27 points, while Alec Burks tallied 18 points off the bench and Jeremy Evans added 10 in a reserve role for Utah, which has lost three of its last four games.
Minnesota jumped all over Utah in the opening quarter as Brewer hit a 3- pointer to begin a 9-0 sprint that put the Wolves up 19-6 just past the midway point of the first.
"They always play hard here. They have a good home-court advantage," Love said of the Jazz. "So we just wanted to come out and give a sustained energy and I thought we were well-balanced throughout our entire lineup."
The lead grew to as many as 18 in the quarter when Love knocked down a three and Brewer followed with a dunk for a 30-12 advantage.
The Timberwolves led 34-16 after one and brought a 54-39 lead into halftime.
Utah couldn't trim the deficit in the third as J.J. Barea's trey pushed the lead to a game-high 26 and Minnesota cruised over the final 12 minutes en route to the blowout win.
"It just seemed like they wanted it a little more," Evans said. "We just need to work a little harder."
Utah forward Derrick Favors missed the contest due to a hip flexor injury ... Utah shot 41-of-87 (47.1 percent) from the field, while Minnesota shot 41- of-90 (45.6 percent) ... Minnesota scored 18 points on 14 Utah turnovers ... The Wolves were 8-for-21 (38.1 percent) from beyond the arc.
Jan 21 11:17 PM
- MINNESOTA: 84
End of 3rd
Jan 21 10:47 PM
- MINNESOTA: 54
Jan 21 10:04 PM
- MINNESOTA: 34
End of 1st
Jan 21 9:35 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Jan 21 9:12 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26