Curry, Warriors detour Trail BlazersJan 27, 2014 - 6:18 AM
David Lee turned in a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds and Klay Thompson finished with 17 points for the Warriors, who had dropped four of five entering the contest.
"I thought we did a great job paying attention to detail," Golden State head coach Mark Jackson said. "We started the game off the right way. Just a big time win against a very good basketball team."
Wesley Matthews scored 21 points and Damian Lillard added 16 for the Trail Blazers, who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
LaMarcus Aldridge scored 10 points despite going just 2-for-14 from the field. He has 68 consecutive double-figure scoring efforts.
"Just one of those nights," Aldridge said of his shooting struggles. "I couldn't get going and I didn't find a rhythm."
The Blazers took a 59-54 lead just over a minute into the third quarter, but the Warriors used a 16-2 burst to go up 70-61 with 4:16 remaining. Lee poured in seven points on the run and Curry added five, including a deep 3-pointer that put the Warriors in front for good.
Lillard buried a deep 3-pointer to make it a two-possession game seconds later, but Golden State took a 76-67 lead into the final frame.
The Warriors opened the fourth with a 15-2 run to make it 91-69. Portland gave the hosts a scare, cutting the lead to single digits, 94-85, after pair of Matthews free throws with 2:56 remaining, but the Blazers were outscored 9-3 the rest of the way.
Golden State led 28-22 after 12 minutes, but Portland outscored the Warriors 33-26 in the second to take a 55-54 lead into the break.
Andre Iguodala turned in a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds for Golden State ... The Warriors outscored the Blazers 40-26 in the paint ... Curry was 13-for-23 from the field ... The Blazers' 88 points marked the team's lowest scoring output of the season ... Portland won the battle of the glass 54-51.
Jan 26 11:26 PM
- PORTLAND: 67
GOLDEN STATE: 76
End of 3rd
Jan 26 10:49 PM
- PORTLAND: 55
GOLDEN STATE: 54
Jan 26 10:03 PM
- PORTLAND: 22
GOLDEN STATE: 28
End of 1st
Jan 26 9:33 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Jan 26 9:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19