Curry lifts Warriors over JazzFeb 1, 2014 - 7:19 AM Golden State Warriors to a 95-90 win over the Utah Jazz on Friday.
Curry was 14-for-26 from the field, including 8-of-13 from 3-point range, en route to his second 40-point game of the season.
Andrew Bogut stuffed the stat sheet 16 points, 17 rebounds, five assists, three blocks and two steals for the Warriors, winners in three of four.
Klay Thompson was a miserable 3-for-20 from the floor, but still managed to score 11 points.
Alec Burks scored a team-high 26 points while Enes Kanter and Diante Garrett finished with 15 and 13 points, respectively, for the Jazz, who had won two straight entering the contest.
The Warriors trailed 77-68 after a pair of Rudy Gobert free throws with 10:11 left, but they opened up a 17-4 run to go up 85-81 with 4:24 left. Curry hit three 3s during the run while Bogut added a pair of buckets.
"He's an All-Star starter for a reason. He hit some shots and go in a rhtyhm. There's not much you can do about it," Burks said of Curry.
Utah went up 88-87 with 2:18 to go after a Burks layup, but was outscored 8-0 until a meaningless Kanter layup with six seconds left accounted for the final difference.
"We were kind of a little stagnant for two-and-a-half quarters. Obviously heavy legs from the back-to-back kicking in, but we dug deep and found a way to not only to get baskets but get stops down the stretch to get the win," Curry said.
Golden State led 23-21 after the first quarter, but went just 7-for-25 from the field in the second to go into the break trailing 48-41. Utah led by as many as eight in the third quarter and owned a 71-66 lead entering the final frame.
David Lee missed the game with a shoulder injury ... The Warriors finished 10- for-26 from 3-point range ... Golden State scored 24 points off 19 Utah turnovers ... Former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan was honored at halftime ... Jazz forward Derrick Favors (hip) missed the game.
Feb 1 1:07 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 66
End of 3rd
Feb 1 12:27 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 41
Jan 31 11:38 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 23
End of 1st
Jan 31 11:05 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Jan 31 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19