Warriors fend off Suns for fourth straight winMar 10, 2014 - 5:32 AM Golden State Warriors to a 113-107 win over the Phoenix Suns on Sunday.
Klay Thompson was 4-for-6 from beyond the arc and netted 22 points, while Stephen Curry deposited 18 points with nine assists in the win, Golden State's fourth straight victory overall.
Gerald Green paced Phoenix with 25 points and Goran Dragic notched 24 points with six assists in the setback. Channing Frye finished with 16 points and P.J. Tucker added 11 points with nine rebounds for the Suns.
"We just have to be tougher," said Green. "We have to grind it out. Every game isn't going to be an easy game for us. Every game isn't going to be smooth sailing. We just have to figure out to withstand leads and hold them."
Dragic hit a 3 with 2.2 seconds left in the second quarter to give the Suns a 61-56 lead at the break.
Thompson and Curry each hit a 3 to spark a 16-0 run midway through the third quarter for a 90-75 Golden State lead.
The Warriors outscored Phoenix 38-17 in the frame, shooting 16-of-22 (72.7 percent), and taking a 94-78 lead into the fourth.
A 10-2 Phoenix run early in the fourth cut the deficit to 10, and Dragic split a pair at the line later in the stanza to cut it to 109-103.
Curry followed with a jumper before Dragic and Green each made layups to make it a four-point spread with 38.1 ticks remaining. Andre Iguodala and Steve Blake each missed a pair of free throws in the closing seconds to keep the door open for the visitors, but the Suns couldn't take advantage of the miscues.
"They're (Suns) a streaky team that can put a lot of points on the board quickly," said Lee. "We probably could have played a little bit better with a lead than we did, but (I'm) happy we closed it out and got stops when we needed to."
Draymond Green scored 13 points in the win ... Golden State made 52.9 percent of its shots, while Phoenix converted at a 48 percent clip ... The Warriors had a 50-36 edge in the paint ... Marcus Morris finished with 11 points and brother Markieff added 10 in defeat.
Mar 9 11:31 PM
- PHOENIX: 78
GOLDEN STATE: 94
End of 3rd
Mar 9 10:51 PM
- PHOENIX: 61
GOLDEN STATE: 56
Mar 9 10:08 PM
- PHOENIX: 29
GOLDEN STATE: 22
End of 1st
Mar 9 9:35 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:42
Mar 9 9:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19