Kaman, Lakers take down SunsMar 31, 2014 - 4:36 AM
Jodie Meeks netted 22 points, while Kendall Marshall added 13 points and 11 assists for the Lakers, who have won three of their last five on the heels of a four-game skid.
"A lot of guys played really well. Chris (Kaman) came ready to play," Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni said.
Gerald Green scored 22 points off the bench and Markieff Morris provided 16 points and 12 rebounds for Phoenix, which had its six-game winning streak snapped.
"We didn't have the energy that we usually have. Tonight we weren't focused in," Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek said.
The Lakers held a 40-39 edge a little past the midway point of the second before they used a 17-0 burst to further extend their advantage. Meeks put in 11 points during the swing, including a three-point play to finish it off and make it 57-39.
LA took a 61-43 cushion into the break and an 89-74 advantage into the fourth, where it cruised to the easy triumph.
Earlier, the Suns held an early 8-6 edge before the Lakers responded with a 20-5 run. Meeks and Kaman had four points apiece during the surge, which was capped on a Ryan Kelly three-point play for a 26-13 margin late in the opening frame.
LA led 26-15 after a quarter of play, but Green's three-point play finished off a 16-5 Phoenix swing to begin the second and tie the game at 31-31.
The Lakers led by as many as 26 in the third ... The Lakers shot 53 percent (44-of-83), 27.8 percent (5-of-18) from beyond the arc and finished 22-of-24 from the foul line.
Mar 30 11:52 PM
- PHOENIX: 74
LOS ANGELES: 89
End of 3rd
Mar 30 11:20 PM
- PHOENIX: 43
LOS ANGELES: 61
Mar 30 10:34 PM
- PHOENIX: 15
LOS ANGELES: 26
End of 1st
Mar 30 10:03 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
LOS ANGELES: 2
1st Quarter - 11:45
Mar 30 9:41 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5