Curry guides playoff-bound Warriors over LakersApr 12, 2014 - 6:12 AM Golden State Warriors routed the Los Angeles Lakers, 112-95, to clinch a playoff berth.
"We know the history of this franchise, and to keep making strides toward being a perennial playoff contender, these are big strides," Curry said.
Curry had 30 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds for the Warriors, who have won three of their last four games and sit 1 1/2 games in front of the Dallas Mavericks for the sixth seed in the Western Conference.
"What Curry did tonight, and what he does every night, is remarkable," Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni said.
Indiana's Lance Stephenson and Chicago's Joakim Noah also have four triple- doubles this season.
Nick Young netted 25 points off the bench to lead Los Angeles, which has dropped six games in a row. The Lakers set a franchise-record with their 54th loss of the season, passing the 1957-58 Minneapolis Lakers, who dropped 53 in a 72-game campaign.
The game was tied 26-26 after a quarter of play when Jordan Farmar knocked down a jumper at the buzzer, but the Warriors began to pull away during the middle stages of the second with a 14-4 run.
Steve Blake nailed a pair of triples during the surge, which was capped on a Curry runner for a 47-38 Warriors advantage with 3:49 to go in the half.
Curry went on a personal 7-1 spurt to close the frame and stake Golden State to a 58-43 advantage heading into the break.
The Warriors took an 83-69 cushion into the fourth, where they led by as many as 21 before cruising to the easy win.
Klay Thompson and Marreese Speights had 16 points apiece for Golden State ... The Warriors shot 48.9 percent (45-of-92) from the floor and 52 percent (13- of-25) from beyond the arc ... The Warriors snapped an 11-game road losing streak to the Lakers.
Apr 12 1:45 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 83
LOS ANGELES: 69
End of 3rd
Apr 12 1:41 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 58
LOS ANGELES: 43
Apr 12 1:40 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 26
LOS ANGELES: 26
End of 1st
Apr 12 1:38 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 2
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Apr 12 1:37 AM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20