Cousins carries Kings past Love, T-WolvesApr 14, 2014 - 4:55 AM
Ben McLemore added 19 points for the Kings, who snapped a five-game losing streak.
"We're still a team trying to grow and find ourselves," Cousins said.
Kevin Love tallied 43 points and 11 boards, while Gorgui Dieng supplied 21 points and 14 rebounds for Minnesota, which has alternated wins and losses over its last six tilts.
"Our defense just wasn't good enough in the second half," Love said.
The Wolves held an 82-81 edge early in the fourth before a 15-4 Kings run helped them seize control of the contest. Isaiah Thomas capped the surge with a triple for a 96-86 Sacramento advantage with 4:40 to play.
Love hit a jumper to get Minnesota within 100-98 with 41.1 ticks to play, but Cousins scored at the other end and the Kings sunk all four of their foul shots down the stretch to seal the outcome.
Aaron Gray knocked down a jumper at the first-quarter buzzer to stake the Kings to a 30-28 edge after a quarter of play, but Minnesota outscored them 24-17 in the second and took a 52-47 cushion into the break.
Minnesota took a 76-75 advantage into the fourth.
Sacramento shot 50 percent (41-of-82) from the floor and 35.3 percent (6- of-17) from beyond the arc ... Love was 15-of-17 from the foul line ... The Kings held a 47-41 rebounding advantage.
Apr 13 11:33 PM
- MINNESOTA: 76
End of 3rd
Apr 13 10:47 PM
- MINNESOTA: 52
Apr 13 10:07 PM
- MINNESOTA: 28
End of 1st
Apr 13 9:36 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:34
Apr 13 9:13 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28