Redd, Patterson guide Bucks past BlazersDec 7, 2006 - 4:05 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Michael Redd and Ruben Patterson carried the Milwaukee Bucks in overtime.
Redd scored 33 points and made all 10 foul shots and Patterson added a season-high 26 as the Milwaukee Bucks notched a 102-94 overtime victory over the Portland Trail Blazers.
Mo Williams collected 20 points, seven assists and six rebounds for the Bucks, who forced 16 turnovers.
In the extra session, Redd and Patterson - a former Blazer - scored four points apiece during a decisive 10-2 run. Patterson triggered the burst with a dunk and Redd capped it with a jumper.
"That's what All-Stars (like Redd) do," Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan said. "They take over games and carry their teams to a win."
"Every time I play a former team, I've got a little something extra to prove," said Patterson, who is on his fifth team.
Jarrett Jack netted a career-high 30 points, Zach Randolph added 20 and Martell Webster 19 for Portland, which has split the first two games of a six-game road trip.
In regulation, Blazers' Ime Udoka nailed a 3-pointer to forge an 86-86 tie with 1:40 left.
Both teams had an opportunity to win in the final seconds, but Milwaukee's Charlie Bell missed a long 3-pointer with 14 ticks remaining and Randolph's jumper in the lane over Patterson rolled out as time expired, forcing overtime.
"We didn't deserve that game; that ball rolled out for a reason," McMillan said. "When you don't play the game the right way, the game will come back to bite you and that's what happened."
"It felt good," Patterson said. "We used to do it all the time in practice, battling against each other. I'm just glad he missed the shot."
Redd had 15 points in the last 12 minutes to help Milwaukee keep pace in a tight game.
"I had a burst of energy (in the fourth), kept trying to get to the rim aggressively and kept it going into overtime," Redd said.
MILWAUKEE 102 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 6 10:44 PM
MILWAUKEE 86 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Dec 6 10:25 PM
MILWAUKEE 59 END, 3RD QTR
Dec 6 9:48 PM
MILWAUKEE 37 HALFTIME
Dec 6 9:11 PM
MILWAUKEE 14 END, 1ST QTR
Dec 6 8:36 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10