Bogut hits decisive free throw as Bucks edge SonicsDec 13, 2006 - 3:59 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- The buck stopped with Andrew Bogut.
Bogut collected 16 points and sank the decisive free throw with 74 seconds left as the Milwaukee Bucks posted a 94-93 victory over the Seattle SuperSonics, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
Michael Redd scored 22 points and Ruben Patterson added 21 for the Bucks, who have won four of their last five home meetings with the Sonics.
With the score tied at 93-93, Bogut bricked his first shot before regrouping and draining the second for a one-point edge. The Australian finished with nine rebounds and six assists.
"We really focused on our free throws and that carried us through," Redd said.
The Bucks finished 23-of-25 from the line.
After Milwaukee failed to build on its lead, Seattle had one more chance to extend its run with less than three seconds left. But because of solid defense by the Bucks, Luke Ridnour could not get off a shot before time expired.
"It was supposed to be a lob to Rashard (Lewis), but as soon as I got it, they trapped me and I had to throw something up," Ridnour said.
"It was a total team effort," Patterson said. "It was ugly, but we'll take it."
Lewis scored 26 points and Chris Wilcox added 16 and eight rebounds for Seattle, which committed 19 turnovers.
A jumper by Charlie Villanueva gave the Bucks the lead for good at 93-92 with 3:08 left. Seattle's Nick Collison split a pair of free throws at 1:29 to tie it.
"We missed a lot of shots towards the end of the game," Lewis said. "I got double-teamed at the end of the game and Nick had a wide-open layup (floater with 31 ticks to go) rattle in and out. There were a lot of baskets that were right there, and we were still right there at the end of the game."
"We got the shots we wanted, we got them right in the paint," Seattle coach Bob Hill said. "They just didn't go in."
Sonics guard Earl Watson left the game in the second quarter after suffering a lower back contusion.
Seattle fell to 0-1 on its five-game road trip.
MILWAUKEE 94 FINAL
Dec 12 10:23 PM
MILWAUKEE 73 END, 3RD QTR
Dec 12 9:45 PM
MILWAUKEE 50 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:04 PM
MILWAUKEE 30 END, 1ST QTR
Dec 12 8:36 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13
- Milwaukee Bucks sign 30-year lease with arena owner Apr 13
- Pacers-Bucks Preview Apr 13
- NBA Capsules Apr 12
- Magic dominant at times, beat Bucks in home finale, 107-98 Apr 12
- Around the NBA: Picks for NBA awards - and league champion Apr 11