Gordon and Bulls end long skid vs. MavericksJan 26, 2007 - 4:02 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- After being pushed around by the Dallas Mavericks, Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls decided to shove back.
Gordon scored 30 points and Luol Deng added 21 and nine rebounds as the Bulls posted a 96-85 victory over the Mavericks, whose eight-game winning streak came to an end.
Kirk Hinrich had 15 points and grabbed eight boards and P.J. Brown added 12 and nine for Chicago, which had lost seven straight and 16 of its last 17 to Dallas.
Gordon, who had just 12 points in a 94-86 win vs. Atlanta on Tuesday, shot 12-of-23 from the floor for Chicago, which bolted out to a 23-6 first quarter lead and never trailed in the game.
Ben Wallace hauled down 17 rebounds for the Bulls, who outrebounded the Mavericks, 59-45, and shot 43 percent (36-of-84).
Dirk Nowitzki scored 28 points and collected 11 rebounds - his seventh straight double-double - for the Mavericks, who shot a season-low 31 percent (29-of-93).
Jerry Stackhouse had 16 points off the bench and Jason Terry added 12 and six assists for Dallas (35-9), which fell into a virtual first-place tie with Phoenix (34-8) for th best record in the NBA.
Josh Howard, who had averaged 26.8 points in his previous four games, was held to only nine on 4-of-20 shooting for the Mavericks, who suffered just their second loss in their last 23 games.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
DALLAS 13 28 15 29 85
CHICAGO 27 20 20 29 96 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: DAL - DIRK NOWITZKI 20, JERRY STACKHOUSE 16,
JASON TERRY 12
CHI - BEN GORDON 30, LUOL DENG 21, KIRK
Jan 25 10:27 PM
CHICAGO 67 END, 3RD QTR
Jan 25 9:47 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25
- Thunder look to advance; Hornets, Blazers try to even series Apr 25
- NBA fines Westbrook, Durant for Game 4 violations Apr 24