Martin, Kings snap three-game losing streakFeb 1, 2007 - 3:55 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Kevin Martin helped put an end to the Sacramento Kings' recent woes.
Martin scored 28 points, including the go-head jumper with 16 seconds left, as the Kings posted a 100-98 triumph over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Ron Artest collected 23 points and six rebounds and Mike Bibby added 14 for Sacramento, which snapped its three-game losing streak.
Late in the fourth quarter, superstar Kevin Garnett connected on a 12-footer with 25 seconds remaining as Minnesota grabbed its first lead of the second half, 96-95.
Following a Sacramento timeout, Martin responded with a pull-up jumper nine seconds later to regain a one-point advantage.
The Timberwolves had a chance to answer, but John Salmons stripped the ball from rookie guard Randy Foye on a driving layup on the ensuing play.
Artest made a pair of free throws, and Foye turned the ball over once again with eight seconds to go, sealing the win for the Kings.
Ricky Davis scored 24 points and Garnett had 18, 10 rebounds and seven assists for Minnesota, which shot 48 percent (42-of-86) from the field and surrendered 20 second-chance points.
MINNESOTA 98 FINAL
Jan 31 10:22 PM
MINNESOTA 70 END, 3RD QTR
Jan 31 9:43 PM
MINNESOTA 41 HALFTIME
Jan 31 9:05 PM
MINNESOTA 22 END, 1ST QTR
Jan 31 8:31 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28