Parker, Spurs blow away WizardsFeb 8, 2007 - 2:36 AM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- After failing miserably against two of the best teams from the West, Tony Parker and the San Antonio Spurs showed one of the beasts from the East how to play winning basketball.
Parker scored 20 points, including 14 in the first quarter, and handed out six assists as the Spurs routed the Southeast Division-leading Washington Wizards, 110-83.
All-Star Tim Duncan had 20 points and seven rebounds and Manu Ginobili added 18 points off the bench for San Antonio, which led by 17 at the end of the first quarter, 20 at halftime and 14 to begin the final period.
It was a much better effort than the Spurs' past two contests, in which they dropped games to Western Conference powers Utah and Phoenix in back-to-back games last week.
San Antonio, which is in the midst of playing eight games away from home, evened its record to 2-2 on the trip.
Parker connected on 9-of-15 shots from the floor, including 7-of-8 in the initial period when San Antonio missed just six of 22 shots. The Spurs shot 54 percent (42-of-78) for the game and have beaten the Wizards 12 of the last 15 times.
Gilbert Arenas scored 29 points and Caron Butler added 15 for Washington, which shot only 33 percent (29-of-89) from the field.
It was the worst home loss of the season for the Wizards, who have dropped only six games here all season, three to Western Conference teams.
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 11