Gordon, Bulls out-duel BucksMar 4, 2007 - 11:21 PM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Ben Gordon got hot at just the right time to win a shootout with Michael Redd.
Gordon scored 24 of his career-high 48 points in the fourth quarter and overtime to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 126-121 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks, who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
Redd made a season-high eight 3-pointers and scored 52 points, five shy of his career high which also came in a loss to Utah on November 11. However, the sharpshooting guard managed just eight points after the third quarter as the Bucks squandered an 18-point fourth quarter lead.
Gordon's jumper with 11 seconds to play in regulation gave the Bulls their first lead at 111-110 and capped a furious 29-10 run during which he scored 11 points.
Milwaukee's Ruben Patterson had a chance to win the game but split two free throws, sending the game into overtime. Chicago scored seven of the first eight points of the extra session to take control.
Luol Deng scored 27 points on 11-of-16 shooting and Kirk Hinrich added 23 for the Bulls.
Patterson scored 17 points and Mo Williams added 14 and eight assists for Milwaukee.
MILWAUKEE 121 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Mar 4 5:53 PM
MILWAUKEE 111 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Mar 4 5:34 PM
MILWAUKEE 90 END, 3RD QTR
Mar 4 4:59 PM
MILWAUKEE 54 HALFTIME
Mar 4 4:07 PM
MILWAUKEE 31 END, 1ST QTR
Mar 4 3:37 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13