Bucks blast Mavs behind Villanueva, ReddJan 22, 2009 - 7:22 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Charlie Villanueva scored 32 points and Michael Redd added 27 to lead the Milwaukee Bucks to a 133-99 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday.
Villanueva added 10 rebounds for Milwaukee, which played without center Andrew Bogut for the fourth straight game but snapped its two-game losing streak anyway.
"Our defense was tremendous and our offense was great. Our bench guys played a key role," Villanueva said. "We concentrated on defense and rebounding, which hasn't been up to par the last few games."
Milwaukee shot 29 percent in the first quarter and trailed 30-22. But the Bucks hit at 69 percent from the field over the final three quarters to set a season-high in points scored.
"If we have another night shooting the ball like that the rest of the year it shows it's not a fluke," Bucks Coach Scott Skiles said. "These guys are talented, but sometimes you have three games like this a year and it doesn't happen that much."
Dirk Nowitzki scored 30 points for Dallas, which had its two-game winning streak snapped.
Milwaukee outscored Dallas 42-28 in the second quarter to take a 64-58 lead at the half.
Jason Kidd drained a 3-pointer for Dallas to tie the game, 67-67 early in the third quarter, but Dan Gadzuric had a tip in and Redd buried 3-pointers on three straight possessions to ignite a 19-2 run.
Nowitzki scored 14 points in the third but the Bucks built a 101-85 heading into the fourth quarter and the Mavs never made a run.
"Just embarrassing. They got whatever they wanted. Giving up 101 in three quarters with no defense at all," Dirk Nowitzki said. "Offensively we got what we wanted. We led up after the first quarter. We thought things were going to be easy tonight and you can't do that. Teams are too good in this league to let them get their rhythm."
MILWAUKEE 133 FINAL
Jan 21 10:30 PM
MILWAUKEE 101 END, 3RD QTR
Jan 21 10:02 PM
MILWAUKEE 64 HALFTIME
Jan 21 9:17 PM
MILWAUKEE 22 END, 1ST QTR
Jan 21 8:43 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25
- Thunder look to advance; Hornets, Blazers try to even series Apr 25