Bulls blow lead, edge Bucks in OTOct 25, 2008 - 3:59 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Andres Nocioni scored 26 points as the Chicago Bulls surrendered a 23-point lead before emerging with a 112-104 overtime victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday.
Kirk Hinrich added 25 points and eight assists in place of Derrick Rose, who left the game midway through the first quarter with a strained right hip flexor.
The injury to the No. 1 overall pick did not appear to be serious as Rose returned to the bench later in the game. First-year coach Vinny Del Negro held Rose out as a precaution prior to the season opener Tuesday against Milwaukee.
After Joakim Noah's tip-in tied the game, 95-95, with 42 seconds in regulation, Nocioni gave the Bulls the lead for good with a 3-pointer to open the overtime session.
Chicago, which knocked down 12-of-27 from beyond the arc, converted 3-of-4 attempts in overtime to capture the win in the preseason finale for both teams.
Richard Jefferson scored 21 points to lead the Bucks, who also got 16 points and seven assists from Luke Ridnour.
The Bucks fell to 1-7 while the Bulls improved to 4-4.
CHICAGO 112 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Oct 24 11:26 PM
CHICAGO 95 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Oct 24 11:05 PM
CHICAGO 78 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 24 10:26 PM
CHICAGO 54 HALFTIME
Oct 24 9:43 PM
CHICAGO 35 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 24 9:09 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13