Rautins scores 22, Syracuse routs Robert MorrisNov 12, 2009 - 2:27 AM By JOHN KEKIS AP Sports Writer
SYRACUSE, N.Y.(AP) -- Andy Rautins made seven 3-pointers and scored 22 points, leading Syracuse past Robert Morris 100-60 on Wednesday night in the 2K Sports Classic.
Syracuse (2-0), which opened its season with a 75-43 victory over Albany on Monday night, will play California in a week at Madison Square Garden in the next round of the tournament that benefits Coaches vs. Cancer.
Rautins, who missed all six shots he attempted and then rolled his left ankle in the season opener, found his range early against the Colonials (0-1). He hit a 3 from the left corner and another from the right wing to help Syracuse take a 10-6 lead in the first 5 minutes. He made three more 3s in the first 3:09 of the second half to give Syracuse a 71-36 advantage.
Rautins finished 7 of 10 on 3-pointers, just shy of the school record of nine 3s he shares with Gerry McNamara.
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 60
SYRACUSE 100 FINAL
Nov 11 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 32
SYRACUSE 55 HALFTIME
Nov 11 7:57 PM
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft May 17
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Apr 18
- Syracuse reserve center Chinonso Obokoh transferring Apr 7
- Syracuse guard Kaleb Joseph transferring Apr 5
- Syracuse's Boeheim scoffs at idea that it was rough season Apr 3
- Correction: Final Four-Syracuse story Apr 3
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Syracuse rides improbable run to Final Four Mar 28
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Judge tosses suit by ex-Syracuse coach's wife against ESPN Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25