Pitt rallies from 13 down, beats Wofford 63-60Nov 14, 2009 - 3:17 AM By ALAN ROBINSON AP Sports Writer
PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Gary McGhee scored on a three-point play and a putback during successive Pittsburgh possessions in the final 2 1/2 minutes, Brad Wanamaker added 15 points and the inexperienced Panthers rallied from a 13-point deficit in the second half to beat Wofford 63-60 on Friday night.
Pitt didn't lead after Wofford took a 12-11 lead until McGhee grabbed the rebound of Wanamaker's missed free throw, scored and added the free throw with 2:26 remaining, making it 59-58. Noah Dahlman led the Terriers with 20 points.
The Panthers are currently playing without a single starter from the 31-win team that was beaten in the final second by Villanova in an NCAA regional final last season.
- NCAA BB
PITTSBURGH 63 FINAL
Nov 13 10:04 PM
- NCAA BB
PITTSBURGH 24 HALFTIME
Nov 13 9:00 PM
- Stallings ready for new challenge at Pittsburgh Mar 28
- Pittsburgh hires Kevin Stallings to replace Jamie Dixon Mar 28
- Dixon's departure leaves Panthers at crossroads Mar 22
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17
- Pitt hoping to play itself off the bubble at ACC tourney Mar 7
- Pitt senior guard Robinson hoping to end career on high note Feb 27
- Struggling Pittsburgh searching for consistency Feb 19
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Young, Jeter lead Pitt past St. Joseph's (Ind), 84-43 Nov 17
- Buffalo rolls over Div. III Pitt-Bradford 109-49 Nov 14
- Pitt faces stiff test in opener against No. 9 Gonzaga Nov 12
- Pittsburgh Preview Capsule Oct 26