Baltic, Freeman lead Ohio past Ohio Valley 101-72Nov 14, 2009 - 2:43 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Ivo Baltic scored 20 points and Tommy Freeman added 18 points to lead Ohio to a 101-72 win over Ohio Valley in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
D.J. Cooper finished with 13 points, 12 assists and seven rebounds for the Bobcats. Reggie Keely had 15 points and DeVaughn Washington added 13 points and nine rebounds - six offensive.
Kenneth van Kempen had a game-high 10 rebounds, helping Ohio outrebound the Fighting Scots 63-25.
Freeman, who shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc, hit a 3-pointer with 1:52 left in the first half to give the Bobcats a 42-31 lead.
Ohio Valley pulled no closer than eight points, as Ohio pushed its lead to 56-39 on David McKinley's 3-pointer with 16:13 left in the second half.
Fighting Scots' David White and Donavin Vinson each had 12 points. Micah Mills and Rodney Everage had 10 points apiece.
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30
- Christian leaves TCU for Ohio U Apr 3
- Tar Heels survive in OT to beat Ohio Mar 24
- Top-seeded Tar Heels set sights on Bobcats in Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Ohio beats South Florida to reach Sweet 16 Mar 18