Ole Miss runs past Arkansas-Little Rock 92-64Nov 14, 2009 - 3:24 AM OXFORD, Miss.(AP) -- Daundre Cranston scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds Friday as Mississippi defeated Arkansas-Little Rock 92-64 in the season opener for both clubs.
Murphy Holloway had 17 points and a game-high 10 rebounds while Terrico White added 16 points for Ole Miss. The Rebels were never seriously challenged and shot 35-of-72, 47 percent, from the field, including 8-of-9 by Cranston.
Arkansas-Little Rock was led by Solomon Bozeman and Wayne Burton with 12 and 11 points, respectively. The Trojans managed on three baskets in the opening 10 minutes and finished with 22 turnovers.
Ole Miss built an insurmountable 27-8 lead in the opening eight minutes. Cranston highlighted a 21-3 burst with three consecutive baskets, including a three-point shot. The Rebels led at halftime 44-30 and continued to pull away in the second half.
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Xavier handles Ole Miss Mar 19
- Xavier begins tournament against Ole Miss Mar 19
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- Late shot sends Arkansas past Ole Miss Feb 15
- Arkansas and Ole Miss clash in SEC showdown Feb 14
- Ole Miss knocks off No. 19 Arkansas Jan 18