Loyola Marymount defeats North Dakota 83-60Nov 15, 2009 - 3:23 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Vernon Teel scored 15 points to lead four players in double-figures as Loyola Marymount grabbed an 83-60 victory over North Dakota on Saturday at the Grizzly Tournament.
Teel also pulled down six rebounds, dished out six assists and had six steals. Jarred DuBois added 12 points, Larry Davis had 11 and Drew Viney pitched in 10 for the Lions. Loyola shot 55 percent for the game.
The Lions (1-1) used five early 3-pointers to stretch the North Dakota (0-2) zone defense. A 13-1 run capped by a 3-pointer from Viney with just over eight minutes left in the first half opened up a double-figure lead that didn't dip below 15 points for the rest of the game.
Patrick Mitchell led the Fighting Sioux with 16 points. North Dakota managed just five field goals in the first half. Loyola held a 39-22 lead at the break.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 87
BOISE ST 90 FINAL
Nov 13 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 45
BOISE ST 45 HALFTIME
Nov 13 8:57 PM
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18