Campbell beats St. Andrews 76-52Nov 14, 2009 - 5:10 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez and Preston Dodson each had double-doubles to lead Campbell to an easy 76-52 win over St. Andrews on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Rodriguez registered his 40th career double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Dodson had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Camels.
Lorne Merthie added 13 points for the Camels and William Kossangue had 11.
The Camels closed the game on a 15-1 run for the 24-point margin - their largest lead of the game. The Camels shot only 40 percent (28-for-70) from the field, but grabbed 26 offensive rebounds and tallied 29 second-chance points.
Marvin Jackson led St. Andrews with 13 points. St. Andrews had trouble shooting as well, making only 35.8 percent (19-for-53) of its field goals.
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20
- Camels hit road to battle 22nd-ranked Bearcats Nov 20
- Campbell defeats North Florida 57-49 Feb 27
- Jacksonville pulls away from Campbell 65-52 Feb 25
- ETSU 57, Campbell 79 Feb 19
- Merthie leads Campbell easily past ETSU 79-57 Feb 19