Iowa St beats Idaho St 88-68Nov 14, 2009 - 3:54 AM By LUKE MEREDITH AP Sports Writer
AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Craig Brackins led four players in double figures with 17 points and Iowa State pounded Idaho State 88-68 in the season opener for both teams Friday night.
LaRon Dendy added 16 points for the Cyclones (1-0), who won their 12th straight opener and improved to 8-1 against teams from the Big Sky Conference.
Iowa State had little trouble with the Bengals, using a 17-2 run to jump ahead 42-20 late in the first half. The Cyclones pushed their lead to as much as 61-34 early in the second half and cruised from there.
Broderick Gilchrest had 21 points and Amorrow Morgan scored 15 to lead the Bengals (0-1), who return four starters from a team that finished 13-19 last season.
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Iowa State coach Prohm helps Cyclones reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Iowa State's Niang honed his craft guarding Nerlens Noel Mar 18