UTEP beats Texas Southern 89-70Nov 14, 2009 - 5:21 AM EL PASO, Texas(AP) -- Randy Culpepper scored 22 points and Jeremy Williams added 18 to lead UTEP past Texas Southern 89-70 Friday night.
Culpepper was 8 for 18 from the field and 4 for 9 from the free-throw line. Williams hit 8 of 11 from the field and 2 of 4 from the line. He had seven rebounds.
In all, the Miners (1-0) had five players in double digits for scoring. Arnett Moultrie had 17 points and 11 rebounds, and Julyan Stone and Christian Polk had 14 and 12 points, respectively.
Whitworth Treasure led the Tigers (0-1) with a game-high 27 points. He landed 7 of 14 from the field and 4 of 9 from the line.
Dandre Hill and Travele Jones scored 16 and 12 points, respectively.
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- UTEP coach Floyd suspended 1 game Feb 27
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- No. 3 Arizona outlasts UTEP Dec 20
- Third-ranked Wildcats hit road to battle Miners Dec 19
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19