Washington State beats MVSU 94-66Nov 14, 2009 - 5:57 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Klay Thompson scored 20 points as Washington State beat Mississippi Valley State 94-66 Friday in the season opener for both teams.
DeAngelo Casto added 18 points and nine rebounds as the Cougars defeated the Delta Devils for the third straight time.
Mississippi Valley State was led by Tashan Newsome, who scored 14 points. D'Angelo Jackson added 12 points and was 3 of 5 from behind the 3-point line.
Washington State out rebounded Mississippi Valley State 50-25 and shot 80 percent from the free-throw line.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Arizona routs Washington State Feb 15
- Wildcats collide with Cougars in Pac-12 affair Feb 15
- Utah rebounds with 22-point win over WSU Jan 22
- Pac-12 clash pits Cougars against Utes Jan 21