Bowling Green beats Wayne State 67-45Nov 14, 2009 - 9:27 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Scott Thomas scored 15 points and Otis Polk added 14 to help Bowling Green ease past Wayne State (Mich.) 67-45 on Saturday.
Polk, who was 7-for-8 from the floor, also grabbed eight rebounds and blocked a shot for the Falcons (1-0). Thomas, who was 4-for-5 from 3-point range, also chipped in five boards and two steals.
Bowling Green actually had trouble shaking the Division II Warriors (0-2), leading just 26-22 with just less than 6 minutes to play in the first half.
But, after a Falcons timeout, Bowling Green went on a 13-0 run from that juncture to take a 17-point lead into the locker room. Polk scored six of his 14 points during the spree.
The Falcons cruised from there, outscoring the Warriors 28-23 in the second half.
Jerry Oden led the Warriors with 16 points and 10 boards.
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- No. 20 Michigan State gets by Bowling Green Dec 19
- 20th-ranked Spartans hit the road to face Falcons Dec 18
- Michigan State holds off Bowling Green Dec 18
- Falcons fly into East Lansing seeking upset of 21st-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 6 Michigan State buries Bowling Green Dec 4
- Western Michigan defeats Bowling Green 75-73 Mar 7