Texas Tech tops Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 66-59Nov 15, 2009 - 2:56 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- John Roberson scored 15 points to lead four Texas Tech starters in double figures as the Red Raiders defeated Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 66-59 in the Duel in the Desert tournament Saturday night.
Roberson hit all three of Texas Tech's 3-pointers. Mike Singletary scored 14 points and D'walyn Roberts and Darko Cohaderavic had 12 each. Texas Tech (2-0) made 13 of 14 free throws.
Demond Watt scored 19 points for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (1-1) and Kevin Palmer scored 18. The Islanders led 36-32 at halftime but shot just 31 percent after the break and made just 8 of 17 free-throw attempts. The Islanders finished at 40 percent for the game from the field compared to Texas Tech's 46 percent.
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Oklahoma sneaks past Texas Tech in OT Feb 21
- Hapless Red Raiders play host to 17th-ranked Sooners Feb 21
- Prince, Baylor hold off Texas Tech Feb 17
- Red Raiders seek upset of 20th-ranked Bears Feb 17
- Kansas bounces back with win over Texas Tech Feb 10