West Alabama 64, Jacksonville St. 93Nov 15, 2009 - 1:53 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP) -- Stephen Hall scored 19 points to lead five players in double figures and Jacksonville State beat West Alabama 93-64 in the season opener for both teams on Saturday.
Jeremy Bynum, Jay Strowbridge and Trenton Marshall scored 17 points each for the Gamecocks and Amadou Mbodji added 11.
The Gamecocks led by two at halftime and needed two big spurts in the second half to pull away. Leading 61-55, the Gamecocks went on a 19-5 run to take an 80-60 lead with 3:18 remaining. Amadou and Hall scored seven points each during the run.
The Gamecocks used a 13-2 run to close out the game.
Jason Swanson led the Tigers with 11 points.
The Gamecocks got five blocks, including three by Mbodji.
Turnovers and poor shooting plagued the Tigers, as they shot 36 percent (23-for-63) and had 15 turnovers.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13
- Racers continue historic run against Gamecocks Jan 12
- Wright, Cincinnati down Jacksonville State Nov 16
- Gamecocks and Bearcats mix it up in Cincy Nov 15
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 87-54 Mar 2
- Tennessee Tech beats Jacksonville State 72-62 Feb 27
- Presbyterian knocks off Jacksonville State 59-55 Feb 20