S. Virginia 53, Liberty 89Nov 15, 2009 - 3:52 AM LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) -- Kyle Ohman scored 15 points and led four players in double figures as Liberty beat Southern Virginia 89-53 on Saturday night.
Chris Perez scored 14 points, Tyler Baker added 13 and Evan Gordon scored 11 for the Flames (1-1). Most of Ohman's points came from the free throw line, as he made all 10 of his free throw attempts.
Tied at 10, the Flames outscored the Knights 29-9 over the final 12 minutes of the first half, including a 15-0 run to start the surge. The Flames' lead never dipped below 20 points in the second half.
Twelve of the Flames' 13 players on the roster scored.
The Knights (2-1) were led by Chris Lewis with 17 points. Bryce Pemberton added 10 points.
The Flames won the battle on the boards, outrebounding the Knights 51-33. The Flames also had five blocks.
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- 20th-ranked Aggies extinguish Flames Nov 10
- Aggies begin season against Flames in 2K Sports Classic Nov 9
- Winthrop holds off Liberty 80-72 in Big South Mar 2
- Liberty rallies to beat Charleston Southern 74-61 Feb 27
- Coastal Carolina cruises past Liberty 71-48 Feb 25
- Liberty defeats High Point 76-67 Feb 20
- Longwood sinks Southern Virginia 96-77 Feb 17