Kennesaw State defeats North Georgia 78-65Nov 15, 2009 - 3:21 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Jon-Michael Nickerson scored 18 points and Markeith Cummings added 14 points and 11 rebounds as Kennesaw State defeated North Georgia 78-65 on Saturday night.
The Owls (2-0), who defeated North Greenville 89-79 on Friday night, jumped out to an 11-2 lead and went into halftime ahead 39-21 after forcing 14 North Georgia turnovers.
Kennesaw State began the second half with a 17-5 run, which included two dunks by Cummings, the first off an alley-oop pass from Matt Heramb, and the second after a missed layup off the backboard by Nickerson.
The Owls defense shut down the Saints from beyond the perimeter, as they were 3-for-19 from 3-point range. North Georgia was 27-for-72 (37.5 percent) from the field for the game.
Nickerson was 7-for-9 from the field for Kennesaw State.
Bernard Rimmer led North Georgia, a Division II school, with 14 points on 6-for-18 shooting.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Kennesaw State coach taking leave of absence Jan 2
- No. 22 Notre Dame handles Kennesaw State Dec 19
- Kennesaw State seeks upset of No. 22 Notre Dame Dec 19