Montana beats Boise State 95-82Nov 15, 2009 - 6:00 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson sank eight free throws in the final minutes and finished with a game-high 25 points to lead the University of Montana to a 95-82 victory over Boise State Saturday night.
A pair of late technical fouls called against the Broncos gave Johnson four extra trips to the line. Both technicals were handed out in the final 1:19 with the Grizzlies clinging to an 85-78 advantage.
Johnson finished perfect from the foul line, sinking 14-of-14. Raason Young added 22 points in the win.
Montana (2-0) jumped out to its biggest lead at 67-50 early in the second half, before the Broncos stormed back with a 21-4 run to knot the game at 71-71.
Ike Okoye led Boise State (1-1) with 20 points and nine rebounds.
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31