Wisconsin-Green Bay edges Kent State 87-86 in OTNov 16, 2009 - 12:35 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Bryquis Perine hit a 3-pointer with a second left in overtime to give Wisconsin-Green Bay an 87-86 win over Kent State on Sunday.
After Rodriguez Sherman made a layup to put the Golden Flashes (2-1) ahead 86-84 with 4 seconds on the clock, the Phoenix (2-1) called time out to set up Perine's winning basket in the Hispanic College Fund Classic.
Perine, who finished with 20 points, also scored Green Bay's last points in regulation. His layup with 43 seconds remaining made the score 78-76, then Chris Singletary's layup for Kent State with 2 seconds left forced overtime.
Green Bay built a 15-point lead early in the second half, but the Golden Flashes chipped away and outscored the Phoenix 10-4 in the final 4:15 of regulation.
Troy Cotton led Green Bay with 25 points and Rahmon Fletcher added 17.
Justin Greene scored 20 for Kent State, with Tyree Evans adding 19.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 87
KENT ST 86 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Nov 15 6:39 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 78
KENT ST 78 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Nov 15 6:23 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 45
KENT ST 36 HALFTIME
Nov 15 5:13 PM
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin hosts instate foe Green Bay Nov 19
- No. 20 Wisconsin holds off upset-minded Green Bay Nov 17