South Dakota gets late 3-pointer, wins 76-73Nov 15, 2009 - 11:16 PM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- Jake Thomas' sixth 3-pointer of the game with 39 seconds left gave South Dakota the lead and the Coyotes held on for a 76-73 victory over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Sunday in the Duel of the Desert tournament.
Thomas scored 20 points to lead South Dakota (1-2). Tyler Cain had 16 points and eight rebounds, Kendall Cutler added 10 points and eight assists, and Roman Gentry made two free throws in the final seconds for the Coyotes.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (1-2) trailed by 10 with 6 minutes 15 seconds to play, but tied it on Flip Toncinic's 3-pointer with less than 2 minutes to play. Kevin Palmer, who scored 25 points to lead the Islanders, scored with 56 seconds left when South Dakota's Tyler Cain was called for goaltending, giving Texas A&M-Corpus Christi its only lead of the game at 73-71.
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- North Dakota tops South Dakota in 2OT for Great West title Mar 13
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21