Denver tops Arkansas-Pine Bluff 75-56Nov 16, 2009 - 12:01 AM DENVER(AP) -- Brian Stafford had a game-high 19 points and Andrew Hooper added 18 to lead Denver to a 75-56 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Sunday.
Stafford sunk 5 of 6 from behind the 3-point line. Hooper came off the bench and made 7 of 13 from the field.
Nate Rohnert added 16 points and nine assists for the Pioneers (1-1).
Lebaron Weathers led the Lions (0-2) with 18 points, and Savalance Townsend added 10.
The Lions started out strong, building a 7-0 lead before allowing Denver to catch up. The teams traded the lead late in the first half until the Pioneers carried a slim 40-36 lead into halftime.
But Denver came off the break with an 8-0 scoring run and kept padding the lead.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- No. 19 Michigan State cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans seeks turnaround against Golden Lions Dec 6
- Iowa cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 22
- Golden Lions come calling on 25th-ranked Hawkeyes Dec 22
- No. 8 Oklahoma State crushes UAPB Nov 15
- Golden Lions pay visit to eighth-ranked Cowboys Nov 15