Illinois State beats SIU-Edwardsville 82-60Nov 15, 2009 - 11:50 PM EDWARDSVILLE, Ill.(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge scored 19 points and Tony Lewis added 10 points and 11 rebounds as Illinois State defeated SIU-Edwardsville 82-60 Sunday.
Three other players scored in double figures for the Redbirds in their opener. Lloyd Phillips had 14, Kellen Thornton 12 and Dinma Odiakosa 10.
Mark Yelovich led the Cougars (0-2) with 14 points, and LeShaun Murphy added 13.
Illinois State never trailed and ended the first half on a 13-2 run which gave it a 43-22 lead. The Redbirds led by as many as 25 in the second half, shot 51.9 percent for the game and outrebounded SIU-Edwardsville 42-26.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 82
SIU EDWARDSVILL 60 FINAL
Nov 15 5:54 PM
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Illinois State 80, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 58 2nd - 0:35Nov 15 5:46 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS ST 43
SIU EDWARDSVILL 22 HALFTIME
Nov 15 4:46 PM
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25
- Wichita State avoids shocker against Illinois State Jan 4