Ohio defeats Middle Tennessee 81-68Nov 16, 2009 - 12:13 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Steven Coleman scored 21 points, including 14 in the second half, to lead Ohio past Middle Tennessee 81-68 on Sunday.
Leading 38-34 at halftime, the Bobcats (2-0) scored 13 straight points to take a 51-34 lead on two free throws by Ivo Baltic with 15:11 to play.
DeVaughn Washington added 18 points for Ohio and D.J. Cooper and Tommy Freeman finished with 15 and 11 points, respectively.
Montarrio Haddoch led the Blue Raiders with a career-high 25 points, going 9-for-16 from the field.
J.T. Sulton added 14 points and James Washington scored 11 for Middle Tennessee, which shot just 16.7 percent from 3-point range in the second half (2 of 12).
Ohio, which won its 28th consecutive nonconference home game, has won the only two meetings between the schools. The Bobcats also beat the Blue Raiders 77-66 during the 1958-59 season.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12