Morehead State eases past Brescia 86-51Nov 17, 2009 - 3:07 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried scored 24 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, leading Morehead State to an 86-51 win over Brescia on Monday night.
Faried also tallied three steals, two assists and a block for the Eagles (1-1). He finished 9-for-17 from the field.
Terrance Hill scored 12 points and Les Simmons added 11 for Morehead State. Brandon Shingles chipped in seven points, seven assists and five steals.
The Eagles led by just three points with 6:47 to play in the first half, but went on a 19-0 run from that juncture to take a 47-25 halftime lead.
Morehead State sealed the game with a 10-2 run to start the second half.
Faried scored eight points to spark the first-half run and seven in the second-half spurt.
Andrew Howard was the only Brescia player in double figures, scoring 15 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23
- Kentucky overcomes pesky Morehead State Nov 21
- Eagles hope to soar above eighth-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Morehead State officially introduces Woods May 14