SE Louisiana defeats Florida Atlantic 90-77Nov 17, 2009 - 4:48 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Damon Forest scored 28 points to lead five Southeastern Louisiana players in double figures in a 90-77 victory over Florida Atlantic on Monday night.
Trey Hutchin added 17 points for the Lions (2-0), who shot 58.8 percent from the 3-point line (10-for-17) and have scored 99 and 90 points in their victories this season.
Forest played 30 minutes, but was 9 of 13 from the field, hit four 3-pointers and was 6-for-6 from the free throw line. His 3-pointer with 3:42 left in the first half gave Southeastern Louisiana a 39-19 lead.
The Lions increased their advantage to 49-24 on Deshawn Patterson's layup with 1:02 left in the first half.
David Ndoumba scored 11 points and Jason Marks and Brandon Fortenberry added 10 points each for the Lions.
Raymond Taylor led Florida Atlantic (1-1) with 25 points and Shavar Richardson added 18 points.
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11