Washington State edges Eastern Washington 67-61Nov 17, 2009 - 6:11 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Klay Thompson scored 24 points Monday night to lift Washington State to a 67-61 victory over Eastern Washington.
Thompson's last points came on a 3-pointer in the final minute, giving the Cougars (2-0) a 65-61 lead. Reggie Moore closed out the scoring with two free throws.
Moore, a freshman, finished with 15 points. DeAngelo Casto had 16 for Washington State.
The Eagles (0-2) were led by Mark Dunn, who scored 17 points. Brandon Moore had 10 points and 13 rebounds for Eastern Washington.
Eastern Washington led most of the first half and outrebounded the Cougars 39-32. Washington State shot only 62 percent from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 61
WASHINGTON ST 67 FINAL
Nov 17 12:09 AM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 25
WASHINGTON ST 30 HALFTIME
Nov 16 10:51 PM
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14