CS Northridge 65, TCU 83Nov 17, 2009 - 3:52 AM TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Edvinas Ruzgas scored 24 points and made five of TCU's 12 3-pointers as the Horned Frogs beat Cal State Northridge 83-65 Monday Night in a first-round game in the West bracket of the preseason NIT.
Ruzgas tied his career high in points and three pointers as TCU (2-0) extended its streak to 343 games with a made 3-pointer. The streak dates back to a 105-95 victory over LIU-Brooklyn on Nov. 22, 1997.
Kenny Daniels led Cal State Northridge (0-2) with 14 points, while Lenny Daniel had 11 points and eight rebounds.
Zvonko Buljan had 14 points and a career-high 17 rebounds for the Horned Frogs, which had a 43-38 rebounding edge
TCU will play the winner of Monday night's Arizona State-Texas State game in a second-round game Tuesday. The winner of that game will advance to the NIT semifinals in New York on Nov. 25.
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21
- Jayhawks host Horned Frogs in Big 12 brawl Feb 21
- TCU finishes strong, takes down No. 21 Oklahoma State Feb 14