Northern Colorado rallies to 81-75 win over HawaiiNov 17, 2009 - 11:30 AM HONOLULU(AP) -- Will Figures led four players in double figures with 15 points to lift Northern Colorado to a 81-75 win over host Hawaii early Tuesday morning in the Rainbow Classic.
Yahosh Bonner had 14 points, Chris Kaba added 12 and Neal Kingman 10 for the Bears (3-0).
Hawaii tied it at 52 on Brandon Adams two free throws with 9:29 to play before Northern Colorado went on a 17-0 run to make it 69-52 with 4:28 left.
The Rainbow Warriors (2-1) cut it to 76-74 with 13 seconds left after Dwain Williams made the front end of two free throws, but Kingman made four free throws in the final 11 seconds to clinch it.
Jeremy Lay scored 18 points and Williams added 17 for Hawaii.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 81
HAWAII 75 FINAL
Nov 17 6:09 AM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 32
HAWAII 30 HALFTIME
Nov 17 4:52 AM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- WSU outlasts Hawaii in OT to reach Diamond Head Classic finals Dec 23
- Shockers and Rainbow Warriors meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Hawaii names Benjy Taylor men's basketball coach Oct 31