Wofford holds off Georgia 60-57Nov 18, 2009 - 2:30 AM ATHENS, Ga.(AP) -- Cameron Rundles made both ends of a 1-and-1 with 3.1 seconds remaining to give Wofford a 60-57 victory over Georgia on Tuesday.
A desperation 3-pointer at the buzzer by Georgia's Trey Thompkins near the Bulldogs bench was no good, as the Terriers posted their first victory over Georgia in eight tries.
Corey Godzinski scored 13 points for Wofford (1-1) and was one of four Terriers in double digits. Jason Dawson added 12 points, Noah Dahlman had 11 and Jamar Diggs chipped in 10.
Georgia (1-1) was led by Travis Leslie, who had 17 points, and Thompkins followed with 14 points. They were the only Bulldogs in double digits.
After trailing in the early minutes, Wofford took the lead with 12:40 remaining in the first half. Although Georgia got within one point on several occasions, the Bulldogs could not catch the Terriers.
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA 57 FINAL
Nov 17 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA 26 HALFTIME
Nov 17 7:48 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19
- Georgia defeats Robert Morris 79-67 Dec 29
- Georgia Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Georgia's Fox pushing for consistency after reaching NCAAs Oct 29
- Mann, Gaines looking to push Georgia to new heights Oct 23
- Michigan State holds off Georgia Mar 20