Appalachian State defeats Lees-McRae 77-44Nov 18, 2009 - 2:24 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Isaac Butts scored 22 points on 11-of-12 shooting and Appalachian State defeated Lees-McRae 77-44 on Tuesday night.
The Mountaineers (2-1) used a 16-4 run in a span of 5:17, including seven points from Marcus Wright, to break an 8-8 tie. Donald Sims capped the run with three free throws to give Appalachian State a 24-12 lead with 12 minutes left in the first half.
Appalachian State shot 54.4 percent from the field (31 of 57) and outrebounded the Bobcats 39-28. Butts led the Mountaineers with nine rebounds.
Lees-McRae trailed 43-26 at halftime before shooting just 27.6 percent in the second half (8 of 29).
Adam McFerran and Sam Youse led the Bobcats with 16 and 15 points.
Youse finished 3-for-8 from 3-point range as Lees-McRae made just 20 percent from the outside (5 of 25).
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Missouri handles Appalachian State Dec 2
- Mountaineers face uphill climb in clash with 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 1
- Zeller and North Carolina cruise past App State Dec 17
- Hoyas bounce back with win over Appalachian State Dec 12
- Appalachian State hires Capel as new coach Apr 21
- Pacific topples Appalachian State 64-56 Mar 25
- Wofford beats Appalachian St, earns 1st NCAA berth Mar 9
- Appalachian State knocks off The Citadel 71-61 Mar 6
- Appalachian State defeats Samford 82-68 Feb 27
- Appalachian State holds off Chattanooga 80-74 Feb 25