Old Dominion beats Longwood 98-59Nov 18, 2009 - 3:42 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee scored 17 points to lead six Old Dominion players in double figures and the Monarchs defeated Longwood 98-59 on Tuesday night.
Old Dominion (2-0) never trailed while setting a program-high for points scored in regulation at the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
Old Dominion, which led 49-25 at halftime, grabbed 30 rebounds in the first half and finished with 48 to Longwood's 30. Kent Bazemore grabbed a career high nine rebounds.
The Monarchs also shot 10-for-14 from 3-point range, while Longwood was just 1-for-16.
Marsharee Neely scored all 13 of his points in the second half, while Bazemore and Ben Finney scored 12 apiece, Trian Iliadis had 11 and Frank Hassell 10.
Reserve Antwan Carter led the Lancers (0-3) with 20 points and 11 rebounds.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Taylor out as ODU head men's basketball coach Feb 5
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10