Ohio defeats North Carolina A&T 93-82Nov 18, 2009 - 4:11 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Jay Kinney scored 23 points and Ohio defeated North Carolina A&T 93-82 on Tuesday night.
Kinney was 5 of 9 from 3-point range as the Bobcats shot 42.9 percent from behind the arc (12 of 28).
Kinney hit a 3-pointer for a 26-10 lead with 11:43 left in the first half, capping a 26-7 Ohio run.
The Aggies (1-2), who scored the game's first points on a 3-pointer by Nic Simpson, didn't threaten the rest of the way.
DeVaughn Washington scored 18 points, D.J. Cooper 15 and Steven Coleman 12 for the Bobcats, who extended their non-conference winning streak to 29 games.
Kenneth Van Kempen had 11 rebounds as Ohio outrebounded the Aggies 46-34.
Simpson led five North Carolina A&T players in double figures with 22 points. Robert Johnson scored 14, Tavarus Alston 12, Demetrius Upchurch 11 and Thomas Coleman had 10 points for the Aggies.
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19