Chicago State whips NAIA Trinity, Ill., 102-84Nov 19, 2009 - 12:00 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Carl Montgomery scored 18 points to lead five Chicago State players in double figures in a 102-84 victory over Trinity International on Wednesday.
Montgomery was followed by Antonio Lofton, whose 16 points included 10-for-10 from the free-throw line. Marquis Young and Hajji Martin added 15 apiece, and Kabangu Kasamba had 13 for the Cougars (2-1), who shot 56.5 percent.
Tyrone Smith hit a game-high 22 points, including four 3-pointers, for Trinity (2-6). Ignas Verbus scored 16, Patrick Atkins 13 and Carson Chapman and Danny Kirst 11 each for the NAIA school.
Chicago State led 46-38 at the half.
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11
- 22nd-ranked Aztecs entertain winless Cougars Jan 10
- Fredette, BYU rout Chicago State Nov 21
- Preadom, Houston Baptist top Chicago State 80-77 Mar 10
- Wall, Montgomery lift Chicago St. past NJIT 81-75 Mar 6
- Northwestern shuts down Chicago State 72-49 Mar 3
- Cain, South Dakota turn back Chicago State 77-73 Feb 27