Maine downs Delaware State 59-56Nov 19, 2009 - 4:02 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Sean McNally scored 17 points and Troy Barnies tallied a double-double, helping Maine hold off Delaware State 59-56 on Wednesday night.
Marcus Neal's 3-pointer put Delaware State ahead 54-53 with 5:10 to play, but Maine (2-1) went on a 6-2 run from that point to seal the comeback win.
McNally's layup with 1:12 left gave Maine its final margin, and the Black Bears defense held the Hornets (2-1) scoreless the rest of the way.
Barnies finished with 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Black Bears, who won despite trailing 29-19 at the half. Junior Bernal also had 10 points.
Maine outscored Delaware State 40-27 in the second half.
Jay Threatt paced the Hornets with 13 points, and Marcus Neal and Frisco Sandidge chipped in 11 apiece.
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 56 FINAL
Nov 18 9:31 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 29 HALFTIME
Nov 18 8:26 PM
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17