North Florida beats Savannah State 57-46Nov 19, 2009 - 2:46 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Jerron Granberry scored 16 points and Eni Cuka added 11 to lead North Florida to a 57-46 win over Savannah State on Wednesday night.
Granberry was 2-for-3 from beyond the arc and 8-for-8 from the foul line for the Ospreys (1-1). Cuka hit 3 of 4 shots from 3-point range. Andy Diaz led the Ospreys with eight rebounds.
The Ospreys led by just a point at halftime, but outscored the Tigers 37-27 in the second half. North Florida broke the game open with an 11-0 run to start the second half, spurred on by four points by Stan Januska.
After being outshot from the floor in the first half, North Florida produced a 57.1 percent mark in the second half (8-for-14). The Tigers (2-1) shot just 28.6 percent in the second frame (8-for-28).
Tracy Rankins was the lone Savannah State player in double figures, scoring 17 points.
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Hurricanes have easy time with Savannah State Dec 9
- Hurricanes hope to rebound in bout with visiting Tigers Dec 8
- Louisville destroys overmatched Savannah State Nov 24
- Cardinals expect to soar in clash with visiting Tigers Nov 24
- Baylor keeps home streak alive, routs Savannah State Jan 3
- Hapless Tigers tangle with surging Bears Jan 3
- Florida thumps Savannah State Dec 29
- Hapless Tigers hit road to challenge 13th-ranked Gators Dec 29
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17